Skyler Stephens named Super Lawyer Rising Star
Skyler Stephens has been named to the Texas Rising Stars list as one of the top up–‐and–‐coming attorneys in Texas for 2011, her third straight year. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor. The selection for this respected list is made by the research team at Super Lawyers.
Actively working in the litigation field since before 2000, Skyler Stephens has experience in personal injury, products liability, admiralty, and civil and commercial litigation and practices law throughout the state of Texas. She heads up the Austin location of Stephens & Stephens. She currently lives in Austin, Texas with her husband and their Jack Russell Terrier.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. 2003
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., cum laude 2006
- Editor-In-Chief of the Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2010
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Civil Justice Foundation
- Texas Super Lawyers award of Rising Star, 2009, 2010, 2011
Skyler and her husband are on the 2011 Austin Ballet Fete*ish Committee, which raises money to support the arts and promote dance and fitness within the community.